Posted on 4/29/2022
About this position
DEPARTMENT: Psychology & Sociology
Rogers State University is accepting applications for ADJUNCT Instructors – Psychology & Sociology Department. Disciplines include Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, and Environmental Studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Provide instruction with online or on ground undergraduate courses in applicant’s designated field of study as assigned by the Department Head.
• Design courses to effectively meet curricular requirements. Develop and use syllabi based on university guidelines.
• Instruct and accommodate students with varying learning styles and backgrounds.
• Manage confidential student information with discretion, tact and within established FERPA guidelines.
• Maintain professional relationships with students.
• Provide student support via email, Blackboard and phone (as needed).
• Grade and post student work while providing constructive and detailed feedback to help students achieve academic success.
• Maintain effective and efficient recordkeeping. Ensure all college reports are submitted by established deadlines.
• Foster a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
• Teaching assignments may vary campuses based on departmental need.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Previous teaching experience preferred.
• Ability to effectively instruct developmental or college courses Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, or Environmental Studies.
• Effective use of technology for on ground, online, hybrid, and distance learning.
• The ability to motivate students and aid them in becoming self-disciplined and effective time managers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MA/MS in designated field of study from an accredited institution and a commitment to teaching excellence.
REPORTS TO: Department Head
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: n/a
POSITION: FLSA Exempt
This institution in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services.
Rogers State University is a regional four-year university serving northeastern Oklahoma and the Tulsa metropolitan area.
RSU is recognized for:
- high-quality academic programs
- a nurturing scholastic atmosphere
- distance learning options
- a high-technology learning environment
RSU offers a variety of master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees to assist students in achieving their academic goals. As well as a vibrant campus life with student organizations to foster development inside and outside of the classroom.
The university operates three full-service campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. In addition, RSU provides innovative distance learning options for students through RSU Online, RSU Public Television, and other delivery methods.
Go to Search Positions to Apply for this job