Employment and Benefits Coordinator
Posted on 4/15/2022
About this position
Rogers State University’s Human Resource department is accepting applications for a Human Resources Employment & Benefit Coordinator (HRE&BC). The HRE&BC will deliver a wide variety of vital support to the Human Resources department under limited supervision. This position is generally the first point of contact for employees, new hires and candidates, in addition to benefit providers. The HRE&BC is responsible for onboarding new hires, organizing and conducting new hire orientations, completing the hiring process and exit process, assisting managers, employees and retirees with day-to-day questions regarding various HR processes, benefit matters, employment matters and RSU employment and benefit policies. This position will provide professional support and assistance to the Director of Human Resources.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Organize and conduct new hire orientations and manage hiring process for all new hires;
- Manage the exit process for all exiting employees;
- Assist with position requests, job postings and applicant processing in applicant tracking system;
- Coordinate the FMLA benefit programs;
- Assist the HR Director with Worker’s Compensation matters;
- Ensure timely processing of internal position approval and termination forms;
- Maintain employee database, personnel and benefit files.
- Serve as benefit liaison with all benefit providers;
- Oversee annual employee benefit open enrollment and conduct benefit meetings with employees as needed;
- Responsible for administering employee benefit programs;
- Assist RSU retirees with questions regarding insurance and benefit matters;
- Administer Tuition Reimbursement Plan for employees;
- Assist RSU faculty and staff with questions staffing or benefit matters;
- Compile data for various surveys and reports regarding employment and benefit information;
- Serve as back-up to the Payroll Coordinator;
- Assign required Title IX Training to all new employees though SafeColleges training system;
- Enter purchase requisitions for HR department purchases and maintain Pcard account, as required;
- Assist with general receptionist needs as guests enter building;
- Assist with oversight of HR Student Worker;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- At least one year of Human Resources experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- General knowledge of employment laws;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must have for this position;
- Attention to detail, professionalism, patience and kindness are necessary attributes to be successful in this position;
- Ability to professionally and effectively present and train in public, as needed;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Ability to provide quality customer service in a university setting;
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, yet also able to work independently using good judgment and diplomatic skills, as needed;
- Ability to perform under pressure during periods of high volume hiring or to meet deadlines in general, while maintaining a professional attitude;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Two to five years human resource experience preferred;
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Director
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Student Worker(s)
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm;
- Available to work occasional overtime, as needed to complete projects;• Available to attend University functions to represent the Human Resource department, as needed.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
This institution in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services.
Rogers State University is a regional four-year university serving northeastern Oklahoma and the Tulsa metropolitan area.
RSU is recognized for:
- high-quality academic programs
- a nurturing scholastic atmosphere
- distance learning options
- a high-technology learning environment
RSU offers a variety of master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees to assist students in achieving their academic goals. As well as a vibrant campus life with student organizations to foster development inside and outside of the classroom.
The university operates three full-service campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. In addition, RSU provides innovative distance learning options for students through RSU Online, RSU Public Television, and other delivery methods.
Go to Search Positions to Apply for this job