Athletic Training Intern
Posted on 4/14/2022
About this position
The Intern Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the director of sports medicine with providing health care coverage for the Rogers State University student-athlete population; to include: injury prevention, evaluation, management and treatment of athletic injuries, short and long term rehabilitation of athletic injuries, education, and counseling of student athletes. The Intern Athletic Trainer is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Rogers State University, the NCAA, the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure, and the National Athletic Trainers' Association. This is a IO-month, part-time position. This position will include on campus housing and meal plan. The employment schedule for this position is August 1-May 31st.
PRIMARY DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Provide athletic training services for the athletic department as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Medical Services/Team Physician, including attendance at scheduled team practices, home and away competitions.
• Determine (with Director of Medical Services/Team Physician and Director of Sports
Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer's consultation) student's ability to practice and/or compete.
• Report status of injured student-athletes to Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer and coaching staff.
• Assist the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer with compilation, input, organization, and maintenance of medical records for student-athletes.
• Assist the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer with inventory, bidding, ordering, receiving, and maintenance of all athletic training room supplies and equipment.
• Enforce code of conduct and rules for athletic training facilities and equipment.
• Follow emergency action plan for athletic teams in conjunction with the Director of Medical Services/Team Physician, area emergency medical services, and local hospitals.
• Assist scheduling and administration of student athlete's physical examinations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
A demonstrated knowledge of the day to day operations of the sports medicine and athletic departments. A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks which have been assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in related field
0-2 years professional experience.
Must be certified by the NA TABOC.
Licensed ( or eligible to be licensed) by the Oklahoma Medical Board of Licensure and Supervision
Master's degree in appropriate area of specialization
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, and be able to manually assist ambulation of injured student athletes.
• Must be able to perform the manual tasks associated with manual therapy for both evaluation and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer, Director of Athletics
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO:
Position requires work on nights, weekends, and occasional holidays. Overnight travel is also required in conjunction with team competition schedules
POSITION: FLSA Exempt
This institution in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services.
Rogers State University is a regional four-year university serving northeastern Oklahoma and the Tulsa metropolitan area.
RSU is recognized for:
- high-quality academic programs
- a nurturing scholastic atmosphere
- distance learning options
- a high-technology learning environment
RSU offers a variety of master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees to assist students in achieving their academic goals. As well as a vibrant campus life with student organizations to foster development inside and outside of the classroom.
The university operates three full-service campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. In addition, RSU provides innovative distance learning options for students through RSU Online, RSU Public Television, and other delivery methods.
Go to Search Positions to Apply for this job