Financial Aid Operations Coordinator
Posted on 4/26/2022
About this position
Rogers State University, Financial Aid Department, is now accepting applications for a Financial Aid Operations Coordinator (FAOC). The FAOC is responsible for the full administration of student loans and system processing at RSU, inclusive of certifying Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized and Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate students and importing and exporting all SAIG files. Also responsible for the certification of alternative student loans using Scholar Net. The FAOC is responsible for correctly processing applications, verifying system data, determining eligibility and the system management and processing of all federal, state and institutional aid. The FAOC must be knowledgeable of federal, state and institutional rules, regulations, and procedures related to student aid. This position requires interaction with people and will entail significant use of computer programs.
- Responsible for remaining current with regulations governing student loan programs (inclusive of the CFR, Federal Student Financial Aid Handbook, Common Manual, and conferences) to ensure compliance with related requirements applicable to student loan programs;
- Integrates the use of PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar systems with the Federal software, populate and tests rules and validation tables within systems with regards to loan programs;
- Manages the daily load processes and analysis for QA verification criteria and C code resolution, R2T4, etc. under the supervision and review of the Assistant Director;
- Assists the Director and Assistant Director in establishment of student loan processing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations;
- Coordinates the importing and exporting of Direct Student Loan records via the financial aid delivery system and COD to assure the accuracy of each student loan record;
- Administers the SAIG mailbox daily process;
- Responsible for exception reports, MPN reports and the import and export of new loan data and adjustments to a student’s loan;
- Assists Director/Assistant Director with reconciliation activities with the Department of Education and RSU Finance office;
- Creates and updates the P&P manual for the student loan program;
- Manage the Exit counseling/FA Hold process ensuring accurate record history;
- Responsible for providing student loan counseling to students and training the counselors to provide student loan counseling to students.
- Responsible for providing student loan information to prospective students and to various publics when requested;
- Other duties, responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Accounting or Information Technology and a minimum of three (3) years of professional financial aid programmatic work experience.
- Work experience with counseling of students and parents.
- Five (5) years professional programmatic work experience in college financial aid or higher education;
- Knowledge of Title IV regulations related to student loan processing and financial aid operations;
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar J1 or relevant experience with other student information systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability and competence to manage and process high file volume;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer;
- Knowledge of computer software packages, including student information systems;
- Ability to learn new software packages/computer systems quickly with minimal support;
- Superior organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to abide by procedures and maintain confidentiality;
- Collegial manner and ability to get along with others in workplace setting.
Reports to: Director of Financial Aid
Supervision Given to: n/a
Hours: 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Mon-Fri. Evenings and weekends as necessary (overtime/comp time if applicable).
This institution in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services.
Rogers State University is a regional four-year university serving northeastern Oklahoma and the Tulsa metropolitan area.
RSU is recognized for:
- high-quality academic programs
- a nurturing scholastic atmosphere
- distance learning options
- a high-technology learning environment
RSU offers a variety of master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees to assist students in achieving their academic goals. As well as a vibrant campus life with student organizations to foster development inside and outside of the classroom.
The university operates three full-service campuses in Claremore, Bartlesville, and Pryor. In addition, RSU provides innovative distance learning options for students through RSU Online, RSU Public Television, and other delivery methods.
Go to Search Positions to Apply for this job